Image 1 of 1

angier-0909-novi_pazar-4221.JPG

Djurdjevi Stupovi monastery near Novi Pazer..Djurdjevi Stupovi Manastir..(English: The Tracts of Saint George, often incorrectly translated as The Pillars of Saint George) is a 12th-century Eastern Orthodox monastery located in the vicinity of today's city of Novi Pazar, in the Ra?ka region of Serbia. The church was erected by the Grand Prince of Rascia, Stefan Nemanja, back in 1166, on the spot where the Serbian medieval capital of Ras once stood. It is currently undergoing reconstruction and renovation. Djurdjevi  stupovi have entered a UNESCO list together with the complex of Stari Ras and Sopocani...--Novi Pazar--Olga Pleshkova, Miloje, Zica.
twitterlinkedinfacebook