Kennedy Tailing Wheel No. 4, poppy flowers in spring...Built in 1914, this early-day anti-polution system once consisted of four steam-powered wheels to lift the mining debris from the Kennedy Mine's mill to a holding pond over a hill and a half mile away...The debris were diverted from the local waterways to keep from polluting California's waterways...The 58 foot diameter wheels were once covered and operated 24 hours a day from December of 1914 to their closing in 1942 during World War II.
- ©1998 Larry Angier/Image West Photography.209.223.2881/209.765.3104.www.angier-fox.com
- Image Size
- 3834x5760 / 7.4MB
- Contained in galleries
- Amador County Gold Mines, Wildflowers